Throughout my career I have had the chance to work with some amazing students through internship programs. And last year was the first summer of the new company and the intern I hired did great working remotely. I am so excited to create another internship to assist with content development, planning and more.
The company has grown and changed a lot in the year of a pandemic. Working with an entrepreneur is no doubt different from some of the other opportunities out there. The intern at Grounded Communications has a chance to develop skills, insights and experiences that will add to the career foundation for the intern as well as build additional depth to programs, proposals and content Grounded Communications, LLC offers (through the Grounded by the Farm podcast, our Grounded and Rising training and community and other sites).
This is a chance to learn from the ground up, not only learning processes and procedures but in some cases shape them for a company that is innovating.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
The intern for Grounded Communications will work remotely with the Grounded team across the various efforts the company has underway. There are a range of projects and some will be developed working with the intern once hired. They will be centered around social media and content creation.
Some of the tasks include
- Create and schedule Instagram and Facebook posts to engage individuals who love food but may not have agricultural knowledge or experience.
- Explore cool new ways to draw ears and eyes to Grounded by the Farm.
- Update and post supervised social media and website content; respond to web correspondence, social media. posts, and emails.
- Write and edit blog posts for GroundedbytheFarm.com/blog.
- Work with team members on training materials for GroundedandRising.com.
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enrolled in an accredited university/college program studying communications or a related field.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Use of communications computer programs & platforms, including WordPress, iMovie, Canva, Audacity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (hopefully we will be able to work out a field experience).
- Have computer access & stable internet.
- Ability to work 20-30 hours a week.
- Preference given for people who also have a passion for food.
What This Opportunity Offers
- Real-world experience from a woman-owned company that appreciates diversity.
- Working regularly with me (Janice Person, the company’s founder). I have had a deep career background in communications and PR for agencies, publications and Fortune 500 companies. You can check out my background on LinkedIn.
- Clips for future employment.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Opportunity to discover new approaches to communications and see direct impacts from your work.
- The ability to fail hard as long as we keep finding ways to fail forward.
- The intern will be a paid contractor with a monthly stipend based on 20-30 hours per week expectations.
- Willing to work with students on the potential to qualify for credit within their university programs.
- Depending on location / mobility, I would love to find the right opportunity to meet up IRL for a podcast interview, conference or something!
About the Company — Grounded Communications, LLC is a small business based in St. Louis, Misouri focused on communications offering clients strategic counsel, training and public speaking services as well as content creation. The company bridges the farm and food communities doing work with both publics. There are a couple of primary on-going projects including the Grounded by the Farm podcast (and the accompanying website GroundedbytheFarm.com,) Grounded and Rising community and training effort.
Applications are being accepted via this form through March 27, 2021. All applicants will receive an initial reply by April 8, 2021.